Evelyn Lozada Boycott Gaining Steam: Major Advertisers Being Contacted

It looks like the boycott against Evelyn Lozada on “Basketball Wives” is starting to take hold.  The legendary wild woman has been getting major heat for her behavior on the show, which many claim is promoting bullying among young women.   Thousands of fans have signed an online petition to have Evelyn’s new show, “Ev and Ocho” cancelled before it even begins.

Alexis M, who has organized an online campaign against the show, has been reaching out to advertisers to bring the madness to an end.  She has been approaching major corporations, including GM, Burger King and others.

“I’m currently waiting on Burger King’s president to return my phone call. I sent him all the video footage of the ‘Basketball Wives’ violence,” Alexis says. “Burger King didn’t even know what ‘Basketball Wives’ is. The secretary was polite enough to view some of the video footage of the violence.”

28 Responses to Evelyn Lozada Boycott Gaining Steam: Major Advertisers Being Contacted

1. Pingback: Boycott Against Evelyn Lozada’s New Show Gaining Thousands of Followers | Breaking News for Black America

2. Pingback: Boycott Against Evelyn Lozada’s New Show Gaining Thousands of Followers | My92.7

3. tasha Reply

May 2, 2012 at 3:01 pm

This sounds like a great conclusion to the madness. We should be able to protest on what we want and don’t wanna see on tv. I must admit that I do sometimes catch a episoid now and then but not a big fan of the show. I don’t believe they should reward them with show.

4. kwright Reply

May 2, 2012 at 3:54 pm

my neice told me about this show after watching i was disgusted by the anamial behavior of this woman that should be an example to other women. What is she teaching her daughter and other young ladies that see this and thinks it cute. Anyone that walks accross a table, is just nasty with no maners what so ever. It really makes her and all those that participate look like idiots. the only ones that do look as stupid is Royce, Jennifer and the two new girls. Eventhough Shaq’s ex-wife doesn’t fight you are just as guilty because you keep company with fools. But you can have the last laugh all the way to the bank while your friends are acting the fool. If you guys were trying to be positive, where is the charity work that you are doing or working with young girls to promote successful business and how to conduct yourselves as you women. mentoring, did anyone think of that as your basis? What are you doing? What is your purpose? You may have been born in poverty and the streets but you don’t have to keep that mindset. All of you ladies are beautiful but the attitude only shows uglyness. Is this the real life of black females that you desire the world to see and believe that we are all angry…that is what they already think of us. IS THERE ANYTHING POSITIVE THAT YOU HAVE TO SHOW THE WORLD?

5. Blythe Dhia Reply

May 2, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I’m not the biggest fan of Basketball Wives, but I find it entertaining. I am a bright, well-rounded individual who occasionally enjoys nonsensical shows, like most people out there. There are far worst shows on television that people could/should boycott. This is just a case of people simply disliking Evelyn and attacking her and her money. If you do not like Bball Wives, don’t watch. I would love for the Kardashian show to be pulled, but guess what? Millions of people watch and enjoy it. Just because I think it promotes idiocracy and superficiality, means i simply shouldn’t watch (and i don’t) – not ruin it for everybody else. Until we decide to improve the moral and social value systems in the country, we can’t get upset when art imitates life.

6. RaTasha Reply

May 2, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I love the idea of boycottin evelyn’s attention hungry soul An dont feel like she deserves a show because she’s wack an very unlady like.I also think her an chads relationship,is a BIG MISTAKE RUN CHAD RUN CAUSE THIS CHICK,IS GONNA RUIN UR LIFE!!!!

7. Patricia Russell Reply

May 2, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I have granddaughters, love some of the women, however E. makes me stop watching the show, she really disgusts me!

8. Golfgry Reply

May 2, 2012 at 11:40 pm

Thank goodness!!!! I thought I was the only one that that Evelyn was staight nuts and should be locked up. Shaunie keeps this mess going buy holding reconcillation meetings. Team Jen – that slap would have landed a lot of us in jail for assault. Contract or no contract. Each of you have daughters – teach them to resolve conflicts better than what you show on your show. I had to let go of the series after the fight. Can’t support this foolishness any longer.

9. Pingback: Dr. Boyce: Basketball Wives Boycott Gains Thousands of Followers – Awesome | Kulture Kritic

10. w. Gipson Reply

May 3, 2012 at 2:50 am

I do not watch the show anymore. To violent. Why
    can’t they sit and discuss professional gols and
    be role models, Instead of acting a fool being
    disrespectful. I do wish they would take it off’the tv.B.B. wives.

11. Pingback: Boycott Against Evelyn Lozada’s New Show Gaining Thousands of Followers | Destruction of Black Civilization: Great Issues of a Race

12. Sharlene Moore Reply

May 3, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I fell the boycott is crazy. I happen to like E. I don’t think she is a bully. For all you people who say she is bullying the girls, watch the show. It’s not bullying it’s a simple concept “KEEP IT REAL AT ALL TIMES” (if you did or said someting own up to it). Everybody that E. has fought has done something to her in some kind of way. She don’t just hear something and start beating up people. She ask them first to get their side of the story (sometimes more than once to give them a chance to tell the truth)then when they lie to her face that’s when things get ugly.(goes back to the saying “KEEP TI REAL AT ALL TIMES”) So it’s not like she just pick with people for no reason. Yes I do agree that she can handle to situations better but people get tired of the fakeness around them. Why are we depending on the T.V. to raise our young women? I thought that young women suppose to learn that at home from their MOTHER OR GARDIAN not T.V. not Evelyn not the BBW not the BGC. So for a boycott to be going on to cancel her show is crazy to me. Evelyn has a daughter that looks like she is doing ok to me and in college. She doesn’t even fight like her mom. She raise her daughter now all the other women out here need to raise theirs, and not get mad at the t.v. because you dont’t like the way t.v. is raising them. For all of us who watch the show know that E. has other positive things going on in her life. Want to know what it is? Watch the show. Futhermore don’t get mad at E. for being the way she is, get mad the producers cause of the way the show is aired. They only show us the negitive part cause that’s what get the rating. You can’t start in the middle of a problem to solve it you have to get to the root of it. I’m just saying people, we need to raise our kids not the entertainment industry.

• Makar72 Reply

May 9, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Your points are foolish.. Let keep it real and all times and boot her but off TV!! Now I am keeping it real!!

• Redbone Reply

June 14, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Makar72… Sharleen is probably one of Ev’s friend incotneto… lol lol You know they can blog just like we can, especailly to give themselves props…humm Just think about!!!

13. Joeneyce Reply

May 3, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Someone pls provide the link to the petition. I’m soooo ready to sign!!!

14. DeEmpress Reply

May 3, 2012 at 2:57 pm

1st of All Evelyn’s not even a b-ball wife. She’s tryin to be anybodys wife..of course “He gotta be in the lime light”. She played herself with Antione an now she’s about to play herself again..this time wit Chad. She claimed she was done wit those type of guys an workin on her independece an all..she lied. Thats really why she’s mad at Jen. They was suppose to be on the same page but Ev went far to the left. Chad is a media whore! Dont act like you the dont know this Ev..especially since turned into one also. Showin your ass bullyin ppl..you ought to be ashamed! Your own daughter would not like you or want to be your friend Ev. She will probably be bullied just because of who her mother is an how she handles her biz to the world. We dont wanna “Be Bout Your Fake Phoneyass Life Ev!” Every sista got a lil Tammy in her.. so you can try me if you want to! I cant wait for your 15 min to be over..just like Chads NFL career. “Ocho Stinko”

15. Odile Reply

May 4, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I’m doing a search to find where I can sign this petition. Bless Alexis M and all those working to derail this demented show and the spin off. How Shaunie can even be friends with such a vile creature as Evelyn is beyond me.

• Debra Williams Reply

May 9, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Shaunie is a sneaky, messy, money hungry female. I feel like she is worse than any of the women because she set up Jenn for everything that Evelyn did. She does not the fact that Jenn gave her the boot either. She needs to let go and let God just like all of the other media whores. I am glad Jenn moved on and found new friends to hang around. She is too classy to continue to ride Evelyn’s coat tail. Tammy is saddddddd. She started out as if she was so hard, but she is an ass kisser of Evelyn’s too. She needs to be removed. I am praying that they get themselves together and stop saling their souls.

16. N. L. Pearson Reply

May 4, 2012 at 5:23 pm

these “so called” reality shows would make “Amos & Andy”, “Steppin’ Fetchit”, “Bojangles”,
    “Mantan & Mooreland” and every other old show entertainer TURN OVER IN THEIR GRAVES! -these shows are the true definition of buffooning/clowning for the man!

PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS

17. Pam S Reply

May 4, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Its not just E that has an issue. its also Susie starting much of the problems w/ her two face bx. Then you have Tammy who can be her own bully. The show needs to be off the air! Let’s put something about women of color more +. E and Och don’t need a show, they need counseling and they should never get married. The man is a cheater! How sad.

18. Troni Reply

May 6, 2012 at 6:17 pm

EVILyn is CRAZY! It’s so so so sad that this 40 something woman who acte like a teenager gets to be on TV. She is a day away from cracking and looking like her mother and two pounds away from looking like Ms. Piggie. I will sign the petition. And the sad part is that Black people help to make people like her rich. And some Blacks say she is Black and while she may have some black genes. I don’t know. If you call her black she would probably throw a bottle at you. Most Hispanics are ashamed of the fact that they have some African ancestry and she doesn’t seem any different!

19. Marcia Reply

May 6, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Evelyn and Tammy are both products of sistahs who were not raised in healthy home environments which is not their faults. They both are products of young girls that were raised w/out fathers in their homes. There is a book that completely explain what the personalities of these 2 women stem from their lack of a healthy upbringing. Usually women that demonstrate all the anger that they do were neglected emotionally/physically/sexually. That anger isn’t from the issue @ hand it comes from childhood…PERIOD!!! Look @ Evelyn tone she uses when she is pissed or annoyed by someone elses opinion that is different from hers. Jennifer should have confided in Evelyn in a 1×1 about her doubt concerning Ochinco. So what she did what many/most women do share it not directly but meaning it from the heart or even jealousy place. Jennifer is not Evelyn enemy. Jennifer could have relayed her concerns/worries about Evelyn choice of a man. Hey Evelyn you silly woman lots of people besides Jennifer have seen and commented on Och…. obvious need to be in the limelight. Not that there is anything wrong w/him being a Media Whore when he can. To each his own but there is a lot of truth to that observation. Usually that sign is telling one something. Evelyn you only approach the women that you know or feel that you can bust their asses. You DON’T CHALLENGE women that would probably beat your ass down like Tammy. Notice folks Evelyn backed down every time Tammy approached her to inform Ms. Bully that she could give a beat down and inch to her life. She befriended Tammy because Evelyn ain’t stupid she knows what damage I believe Tammy would have put on her. Evelyn is a coward w/a HUGH mouth PERIOD. Evelyn how are you going to tell someone that everytime you see them your going to beat them down…REALLY. Go to see a therapist and really go to the REAL SOURCE of why you are such a angry…out of control NEGRITA!!! Your anger comes from a long time back childhood that apparently was painful and difficult. Growing up in the projects for both of these women put a lot of baggage in their bags that they are carrying around. Any person that gives them a slight bit of issues they exert all that back up anger/disappoint/hurt that others have put on them on anyone they can beat. Tammy I believe has a little bit more class than Evelyn …not a great deal more:( I cringe when I think of the type of parent Tammy has been to her daughters. I don’t believe that you both love your girls but it’s obvious especially that Tammy has put them through a great deal w/her anger. Look @ last season when her daughters had to quiet her down. Could you imagine Tammy’s daughters true concern when she lets her anger rule. Evelyn daughter is not proud of her less than honorable looseness. It appears her daughter is a nice girl no where are sexually loose as Evelyn is clear to point out. You have not received your little bit of wealth through hard earned work. Evelyn close your mouth and legs pick up a book of healing …see a therapist. Stop trying to be a bully in front of the camera because you think it makes you look good and stop hoeing for the $$$. I hope your future reality show never makes it to network. If it is true about Tammy recently having had a heart attack take heed to your anger. I’m not surprised if its true. Tammy you are a walking time bomb…instigator when it’s a fight is in the air. I stop watching the show last year. Last but not least Shaunie you are the BIGGEST PHONY trying to portray you want the women to get along in harmony…REALLY!!! You want them to kill each other it helps the rating that negativity is how it’s attained. Shaunie is going to the BANK while them sistah gets a smaller piece of the pie. Shaunie is the ultimate PIMPEST!!! You don’t see Shaunie putting herself out there except for that 1 x @ the restaurant w/Matt Barnes ex Baby Momma another skank young sistah. None of these women were wives except for Shaunie/Jennifer (Tammy an ex wife who was a nightmare). Imagine any man married to Tammy? Let’s be honest. Even thou her ex was a mess…ball players that are young and making $$$ usually are not the marrying type to stay committed.

They played the oldest trick in the book to get in their position. Can anyone guess. No brillance there meanwhile they are calling everyone out of their names and they all had game even the married ones. What relationship was Shaunice in prior to Shack? In another relationship w/an ESQ hooked up w/Shack hung on for dear life ..popped out a few babies before he married you…VIOLA!!

How did they get those men to marry them? PLEASE they are nothing but game players..PERIOD

• Debra Williams Reply

May 9, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Girl I love everything you said…… You are 100% correct about all of these heifers.

20. V Weldon Reply

May 7, 2012 at 2:15 am

I believe everyone is missing someone important in this and that is Shaynie. Those who watch know she sits back and watches those ladies act a fool and she is the producer of the show. They thanked her publicly for their paychecks so all she would need to do is say “Hey Evelyn-Tammy you need to tone it down” but she sits back and insta-gates and acts shocked after the fights! Yes Evelyn and Tammy need anger management but if people keep watching then they will continue to act this way…I watch sometimes but it would be nice to show the ladies doing charity work but then no one would watch!….

21. cjw Reply

May 15, 2012 at 12:35 am

I agree !!!!! VW

22. Pingback: Evelyn Lozada Boycott | Praise 100.9

23. Mayatu Cooper Reply

May 26, 2012 at 2:51 am

I stopped watching due to Evelyn and I do not want to see a spin off with Evelyn.

24. B. Hobbs Reply

May 30, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Drama and disagreements are expected. However, grown mature women should be able to move past the drama and have a mature discussion/resolution. For Evelyn and Tami, that’s not the case.
    It should be called the “Jennifer Williams Show”, seems she’s the only one with any class..